|Published||September 5, 2022|
|Job Type||Full Time|
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) is the national umbrella organization for the nation’s leading network of women’s health care providers, educators, and advocates, serving women, men, teens and families. Planned Parenthood Action Fund is the advocacy and political arm of PPFA. For over 100 years, Planned Parenthood has done more than any other organization in the United States to improve women’s health and safety, prevent unintended pregnancies, and advance the right and ability of individuals and families to make informed and responsible health care decisions
Planned Parenthood Global is the international arm of Planned Parenthood Federation of America. Planned Parenthood Global seek an experienced, effective, dynamic and dedicated Program/Administrative Assistant, in the Africa Regional Office. The successful candidate will report to the Regional Director, Africa Regional Office (ARO). The Africa Regional Office provides technical, financial and programmatic support to PP Global funded partners in the Africa Region.
The Program/Administrative Assistant will prioritize and provide program-related administrative, logistical, and other support, focusing on executive-level support to the Regional Director, Africa. S/he will liaise with other internal stakeholders to ensure timely action on routine tasks, special projects and events forward, manage program schedules and timelines, create documents, correspondence and presentations, and provide project management as assigned.
KEY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES/ DELIVERY:
- Provide direct executive-level administrative support to the Regional Director, ARO, including managing of correspondence, scheduling and coordination of meetings, keeping RD’s and ARO’s calendar of events/meetings, drafting agenda, preparing program documents, and managing/closing follow up tasks.
- Organize travel/meeting plans with internal staff and external stakeholders, developing detailed itineraries, and managing logistics related to the travel schedule/meeting including agenda scope and briefing materials. S/he will also ensure that travel/cash advances and expense reports are prepared for and processed in a timely manner.
- Coordinate program activities across country teams and with other departments to maintain action lists and follow-up, managing correspondence and work flow, and compiling briefings and reports on time.
- Organize and schedule office and team activities.
- Gather information for internal communications, grant/administrative reports, regional notes, and team updates.
- Compile, verify and organize materials for trips, events, and reports.
- Manage special projects, including international events planning and execution.
- Create reports, presentations, or other data as requested
- Maintain database and contacts of key collaborators
- Facilitate translation of documents from French/Spanish to English as the need arises.
- Take meeting notes and share them with the Regional Director and all relevant colleagues for follow up actions/closure in a timely manner.
- Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time by the Regional Director, ARO
This position interacts with staff at all levels, from executive level to administrative and other support staff, as well as with staff from affiliated and unrelated organizations, donors, and other external stakeholders. These interactions require cultural sensitivity to represent PPFA and Planned Parenthood Global in the best possible light.
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or any related field, from a recognized university.
Five years of demonstrable administrative experience.
Experience working with grant-driven organizations preferred. Good understanding of best practices in procurement necessary.
Highly organized and self-motivated self-starter who demonstrates a sense of ownership, willingness to take initiative, and prioritize with minimal supervision.
Ability to communicate effectively across cultures.
Detail- and process-oriented with excellent time management and project management skills, and the ability to handle multiple projects and tasks simultaneously.
Fast learner and proactive thinker, able to anticipate needs and take action without requiring detailed instruction for routine responsibilities, and with a natural tendency to propose solutions along with anticipating and identifying problems.
Strong analytical and decision-making skills.
Ability to maximize technology and other resources to ensure coordination among geographically diverse teams with proficiency in Google (Gmail, Calendar Apps) and Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint and Excel abilities). Commitment to reproductive rights and PPG’s mission is essential, and relevant Africa Region experience is necessary.
Fluency in oral and written English is essential; fluency in oral and written French would be an added advantage.
Knowledge of diverse groups and sensitivity and appreciation of cultural differences is essential; experience living and working in a developing country or for an organization engaged in international work is desirable.
This role requires candidates with high level of confidentiality and who have discretion.
Ability to travel a minimum of 20% of time within the country and outside the country if there is need. How to apply
How to apply
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria are encouraged to send in their applications which includes a cover letter and updated CV attached as one document together with salary expectation by email with the subject title Program/Administrative Assistant.