|Published||April 24, 2022|
|Location||Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia|
|Job Type||Full Time|
The Good Shepherd International Foundation ONLUS (GSIF) is an Italian non-profit organization established in 2008 to support the missions of the Good Shepherd Sisters (GSS) in the developing world. The Foundation is based in Rome and works in partnership with the Good Shepherd partners in Africa, Asia and Latin America.
GSIF believes that in a world where children face so many threats of harm, it is our duty to ensure that we, as an organization, do everything we can to keep children safe. We must not contribute in any way to harming or placing children at risk. For that reason, a range of pre-employment checks will be undertaken to ensure that the candidate complies with GSIF Safeguarding Children principles.
The GSIF is currently looking for a PO with specific skills in Grant Writing, Grants Management and Monitoring and Evaluation of international development projects. The PO will contribute to strengthen the impact of GSS grassroots projects in poverty eradication, women empowerment and protection of vulnerable children and youth by supporting the GISF and its partners in mobilizing resources and managing grants in compliance with donors’ requirements.
His/her duties will include:
Collaborate with the Regional Manager, GSIF Asia Pacific Office (GSIFAP) and the local project managers across the Asia Pacific region in
o assessing local needs to support strategic planning processes
o assessing specific needs for project design and development
o reviewing existing projects
o preparing application forms for funding agencies and project reports
Supervising the management of grants from international and local donors during the whole cycle of the project, including budget monitoring and financial planning
Manage the information gathering process for quarterly and annual results and performance reports, in addition to other briefings, summaries, papers, presentations, etc. for various audiences as needed (e.g. national and international funding agencies, UN agencies and internal committees);
Contribute to the development, implementation and monitoring of local strategic plans, projects and program’s progress reports, annual reports and other required reports;
Support the staff and other committees of the Good Shepherd sisters to analyze and document good practices, lessons learned, trends, cross-cutting policy and implementation issues, etc;
Site visits to the project sites to collect data, prepare new applications for funding, run evaluation of projects;
Other duties as may be assigned by the Regional Manager.
This position will be supervised by the Regional Manager of the GSIF AP.
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Social work, business administration or a related field is required; an advanced degree in International Development preferred.
- At least 3/4 years of experience, preferably with NGOs or similar organizations, in grant writing and grants management, Project Cycle Management (PCM), grant seeking, impact evaluation and baseline data collection.
- Quantitative data analysis experience can be complemented by experience conducting assessments and collecting qualitative information.
- Academic training or specialized coursework in PCM and/or monitoring and evaluation is strongly preferred.
- Excellent writing skills in English, particularly for grant-seeking purposes
- Must be a self-starter who takes initiative and is able to work with minimal supervision; comfortable working in a an environment with multiple actors from different socio-cultural backgrounds;
- Ability to travel up to 50 % of the time.
- Good interpersonal, communication, presentation, and analytical skills.
- Computer literate in Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Strong computer skills particularly in spreadsheets (for budget design and monitoring) and database management are essential.
- Previous working experience with religious organizations and understanding of religious life is a strong advantage.
- Mission oriented and strong commitment towards social justice and human rights.
How to apply
Interested applicants please send CV, details of 2 references and a write of not more than 500 words supporting your application