|Published||April 24, 2022|
|Location||Pretoria, South Africa|
|Job Type||Full Time|
The Southern African Development Community Groundwater Management Institute (SADC-GMI) is established as the regional Centre of Excellence on groundwater management and management of groundwater dependent ecosystems in the SADC region. As a not-for-profit company under South African law, and a subsidiary of the SADC Secretariat, SADC-GMI is officially hosted in Pretoria in the Republic of South Africa on behalf of and under the strategic guidance of the SADC Secretariat, Directorate of Infrastructure and Services – Water Division, in Gaborone, Botswana. The SADC-GMI is guided and supervised by a 10 Member Board of Directors with representatives of the SADC Secretariat, SADC Member States and the University of the Free State.
This is a full-time position based at the Head Office in Pretoria, The Southern African Development Community Groundwater Management Institute (SADC-GMI) seeks to appoint a
The Project Assistant will support the SADC-GMI staff on administration, finance and procurement functions. S/he will work and report directly to the Administration and Finance Officer (AFO), and assist the Procurement and Grants Specialist.
Key responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
o Support the AFO and the SADC-GMI staff in efficient records and information management through maintaining an up to date central filing system for all activities of the SADC-GMI including contracts, events, reports, travel, meeting minutes, assets, etc;
o In charge of front office management which includes receiving and directing phone calls, receiving and directing visitors, distributing brochures and responding to general enquiries as delegated;
o Coordinating general office administration and logistics such as cleanliness, functionality of facilities and equipment, stationery and sundry services;
o Maintaining the SADC-GMI diary of events, meetings, travel schedules as well as taking minutes of internal and external meetings;
o Support the budgeting and financial management function of the SADC-GMI through following up suppliers and expenses reconciliations;
o Assist in effecting and reconciling travel expenses and claims
o Assist in ensuring that funds owed to the SADC-GMI are received as scheduled.
o Assist in ensuring that SADC-GMI’s creditors are paid on time.
o Assist in ensuring that record keeping and reporting is in compliance with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS);
o Assist in the preparation and review of project concepts, Terms of References and other procurementdocuments,
o Support and participate in activities of the Procurement Unit which include implementing the provisions of the SADC-GMI Procurement Manual, Sub-Grant Manual and the Sustainable Groundwater Management in SADC Member States project documents
o Support procurement of office supplies
o Participate in the execution of SADC-GMI events which includes acquisition of venues, equipment, catering, production and distribution of relevant materials, invitations and follow-ups;
The Project Assistant must meet the following criteria:
- A minimum of a degree from a recognized institution in administration, accounting, economics, engineering, project management, procurement, or other field relevant to the job
- At least 5 years work experience in administration, finance and procurement related functions;
- Capabilities to successfully discharge procurement, office administration, management and secretarial functions is a requirement
- Professional level proficiency in general computer software applications is mandatory, particularly Internet and MS Word, Excel, Outlook and Powerpoint
- Proven ability to support the preparation of reports
- Proven previous working experience in similar fields in the SADC region in the water sector is desirable
- Previous working experience as a member of a multi-disciplinary and multi-national team is a requirement
Interested candidates can send their CVs