|Published||March 20, 2022|
|Job Type||Full Time|
Movement for Peace (MPDL) is a Spanish NGO, working in Jordan since 1998. Our work focuses on refugee populations and host communities prioritizing people with disabilities. Our main areas of work are: promoting visibility, participation and access to rights; improving the community rehabilitation services; improving socioeconomic opportunities; prevention and care of sexual and gender based violence; and, strengthening the capacities of CBOs.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
Under the direct supervision and in coordination with MPDL’s Head of Mission (HoM), the Projects Coordinator will be responsible for the identification, planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of projects and programs for MPDL in Jordan. The specific objectives assigned to the position are as follows: - To identify new opportunities for interventions, local partners and other relevant stakeholders in the country. - To coordinate MPDL’s interventions acting as the focal point between MPDL and local partners, local, national and international stakeholders, including donors and other relevant authorities. - To prepare regular projects’ narrative/technical reports for internal monitoring and evaluation, for donors and other relevant authorities. - Participate in capacity building initiatives, whether organized by external actors or by MPDL, updating the MPDL team and local partners accordingly, in order to improve the interventions and services provided. - Participate and represent MPDL, by delegation of the HoM, in external meetings/activities with local partners and specialized organizations such as UNHCR, UNWRA and other stakeholders to improve coordination and information sharing.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Follow up and coordinate the projects’ implementation in the areas of intervention:
- Conduct general field and office coordination duties related to MPDL, between MPDL’s staff and project stakeholders, including local organisations and the relevant authorities.
- Carry out regular field meetings and monitoring visits with staff and beneficiaries to ensure the correct implementation of the interventions, in close coordination with the local partners’ project coordinators, in each location.
- Actively participate in the preparation and conduction of Technical Committee Meetings and evaluation workshops, ensuring the proper follow up and evaluation of the interventions.
Conduct close monitoring of the local partners’ performance within the project, ensuring efficient, timely and appropriate solutions to the issues identified.
Ensure quality internal and external reporting for monitoring and evaluation, for MPDL, partners, donors and other relevant authorities:
- In close coordination with the project partners’ coordinators in each area of intervention, compile any reports requested, providing feedback as necessary.
- Prepare regular reports in English for MPDL and/or other partners, donors and stakeholders on the active interventions, including recommendations on how to improve the implementation, follow up and evaluation mechanisms.
- Prepare Terms of Reference, needs assessments, and similar documents, as necessary.
- Provide inputs and assist in drafting documents, technical and financial, for submission to donors’ calls of proposals.
- Ensure the development and maintenance of the general archiving systems, online and offline, in an efficient and highly organized manner, ensuring confidentiality.
Planning, organize and participate in capacity building initiatives:
- Participate in internal and external trainings, workshops and capacity building initiatives related to the area of work.
- Facilitate the capacity building and mentoring of MPDL’s staff, volunteers and local partners’ personnel in the procedures requested by the donor and the relevant authorities, to ensure adequate technical and financial monitoring, evaluation and justification of the projects.
- Strengthen the technical capacities of MPDL’s team, beneficiaries and partners in monitoring and evaluation of results, indicators and activities.
- Coordinate and support the implementation of capacity building initiatives related to services offered for beneficiaries and potential beneficiaries, local partners and stakeholders, and MPDL’s team.
Participate and represent MPDL, by delegation of the HoM, in external meetings/activities:
- Coordinate with external organisations to facilitate the referral and support to beneficiaries in need of services not provided by MPDL (such as legal documentation, health care, etc.).
- Organize and conduct meetings with local, national and/or international organisations relevant to the work of MPDL to improve coordination and knowledge sharing, as well as identifying possible partnerships and collaboration.
- Participate in specialized working groups meetings and reporting on them to the MPDL’s team using the relevant internal report formats.
- Attend AECID and other donors’ meetings as requested by the Head of Mission.
Participate in the updating of the office inventory, as necessary.
Participate in internal weekly/regular coordination meetings.
Support MPDL’s team with any tasks, as requested.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor degree in Social Sciences, International/Rural Development, Economics or similar field, or comparable experience.
At least 2 years of professional experience in project management in the fields of Social Cohesion, Conflict prevention, Disability and Gender mainstreaming.
Mandatory knowledge of International Cooperation and Humanitarian Action, including: Project cycle management, logical framework approach, international donors’ requirements, and similar.
Deep knowledge of Jordan civil society landscape.
High level of computer literacy and word-processing skills essential, including proficiency in Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel and other relevant software.
Thorough knowledge of English and Arabic, both spoken and written. Knowledge of Spanish is an asset.
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Ability to prioritize a complex workload, handling multiple tasks and competing demands.
A commitment to the aims and values of MPDL.
Ability to identify and solve problems on an immediate basis.
Highly organized with excellent attention to detail.
Highly motivated and energetic.
Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
Reliable, dependable and a team player.
People with disabilities are encourage to submit an application to this job offer.
The position is full-time and available). A contract will be offered for a one year period, with 3 months of probation period. There may be a possibility of renewal at the end of the contract.
How to apply
Send your CV and a motivation letter in English with the subject "Project Coordinator/MPDL" by email.