|Published||May 29, 2022|
|Job Type||Full Time|
- Strategic Leadership, Planning, Implementation
- Ensure smooth project implementation to achieve project goals and planned outcomes in compliance with national, organisational and donor regulations.
- Provide strategic direction and technical support to the project staff in relation to the strategic outcomes/results of the project.
- Ensure local level ownership and pro-active involvement of local stakeholders in the project’s implementation.
- Prepare a project implementation plan, as well as annual, quarterly and monthly work plans linked to the project documents including the LFA.
- Put in place a quarterly and monthly progress review and planning mechanism for the project team.
- Supervise the implementation of interventions relating to governance, gender, agro and non-agro livelihoods, civic engagement and family and reproductive programming.
- Financial and Logistics Management
- Prepare annual, quarterly and monthly spending forecasts linked to the project documents including LFA; monitor budget utilization.
- Oversee financial management and ensure transparency in the utilization of financial resources.
- Ensure that financial spending/expenses approved and incurrent are in line with the project budget.
- Prepare a procurement plan and ensure timely procurement of services, goods and materials following Afghanaid’s as well as the donor’s procurement and logistics rules and regulations.
- Human Resource Management
- Take the lead in the recruitment of project staff with support of the Human Resources department.
- Ensure all staff have clarity about their roles and responsibilities.
- Ensure the senior project staff have performance objectives and regular one-on-one meetings.
- Provide technical guidance and capacity development to the project team; build the capacity of staff through coaching, mentoring and exploring learning opportunities.
- Deliver required trainings and mentor female middle management staff to ensure project has significant qualified women
- Determine the need for hiring consultant/s for technical input, draft terms of reference and commission consultancies on a needs basis.
- Networking, Coordination and Representation
- Represent Afghanaid in relevant coordination forums at the provincial / regional level.
- Induct all key stakeholders in the salient elements of the project.
- Facilitate visits of donor mission to the project areas if requested, and ensure that they are briefed properly.
- Develop an active network for mutual learning and exchange of experiences with other partners working in the province and at the regional level.
- Take an active role in organizing dissemination workshops.
- Written and verbal communications with the de-facto government through local staff to ensure quality implementation of projects.
- Reporting and Communications
- Prepare and submit monthly and quarterly internal progress reports to the programme director and Board of Trustees
- Prepare drafts of quarterly and annual reports, as well as any other report that may be asked for by the donor and submit them to the Project Development and Resource Mobilisation department (PDRM)
- Coordinate with PDRM, the London team and the M&E unit to develop project specific brochures, information for Afghanaid’s official website, case studies, and a portfolio of project photos of the before / after situation as visual evidence of outputs and impact.
- Monitoring & Evaluation
- Work closely with M&E unit in the Head Office for putting in place a monitoring framework and MIS to track results of the project interventions at different stages.
- Support the M&E team and ensure collection, compilation and analysis of qualitative and quantitative data to measure progress and outcomes of the project.
- Support the M&E unit to ensure that capacity of relevant staff is built in M&E.
- Ensure that the baseline survey, annual, and end-line surveys, and any other additional research and evaluation that may have to be conducted are carried out.
- Coordinate with the M&E unit to record project’s best practices and lessons learns.
- Security Management
- Take responsibility for managing the security of project staff and assets, in close coordination with the provincial security focal points, the Head of Security and the line manager.
Any other duties as and when assigned by the line manager, MD and/or Directorate.
How to apply
Please email a covering letter and your CV , including your name and the job title in the subject line. Your covering letter should be no more than 1 standard A4 page in length and explain how you meet the essential and desirable position requirements and why you feel you would be a suitable candidate for this role. Your CV should be no more than 4 pages and include 3 professional references including your current employer.