|Published||April 13, 2022|
|Job Type||Full Time|
The International Catholic Migration Commission (ICMC) is an international operating non-governmental organization serving and protecting uprooted people – refugees, internally displaced persons and migrants –regardless of faith, race, ethnicity or nationality. ICMC advocates for rights-based policies and durable solutions directly and through a worldwide network of member bishops conferences, and alongside government and non-governmental partners.
ICMC has been operational in the Middle East since 2002, implementing humanitarian assistance programs in support of refugees in Lebanon, Jordan and Syria. Most recently, ICMC is providing emergency humanitarian assistance to Syrian refugees in Jordan with funding support from the U.S. State Department’s Bureau of Population, Refugees and Migration (BPRM).
For its operations in Jordan, ICMC is recruiting a Referral and Partnership Officer, who is responsible for supervising effective referral service internally and externally. He/she will build partnerships and coordinate with other agencies, identify gaps, and create and update service mapping to facilitate ICMC meeting the most urgent needs of vulnerable refugee and host community families
Referral and Coordination:
- Receive referrals for ICMC services from other agencies, coordinating closely with ICMC Field Managers and staff to ensure these referrals are processed efficiently while maintaining a good level of communication with the referral agency.
- Send referrals of ICMC beneficiaries to other agencies, coordinating with ICMC Outreach Field Assistants, Caseworkers, and Field Managers to ensure that referrals are shared quickly and efficiently, and following up with the referral agency until the case is closed.
- Establish good and regular communication with other agencies operating in north Jordan, participate in relevant coordination meetings and provide other agencies with updates about ICMC’s programs.
- Build relationships and coordinate with external actors (incl. CBOs and (I)NGOs) for the implementation of ICMC activities.
- Develop specific partnerships with service providers, to facilitate mutual referrals and complement programming.
- Conduct and maintain updated service mapping (internal and external).
- Contribute to the development/maintenance of a referral pathway (internal and external).
- Liaise with all relevant services providers (NGOs, INGOs, CBOs, governmental services, civil society etc.) to respond to needs identified through referral.
- Identify potential gaps in the referral system and advocate to ensure all referral cases are followed-up.
- Establish good and regular communication with project beneficiaries, ICMC partners and various service providers.
Identifying Potential Partners for ICMC:
- Assist ICMC in the identification and evaluation of prospective local partners for joint initiatives.
- Compile and keep an initial list of potential partners up to date based on the information from the ICMC's fieldwork, from contacts with beneficiaries and with other organizations and authorities.
- Select potential partners in consultation with a concerned Field Manager. This selection is based on the current partnership needs in terms of location/geographical coverage and/or thematic expertise of the potential partner.
- Contact potential partners and explain the purpose of the assessment. Conduct initial assessments for a collaboration. Arrange field meetings and prepare and coordinate the field visits with ICMC colleagues.
- Interview partner’s staff when conducting the assessments, visit necessary premises/places, and request and review additional documents in order to complete ICMC’s partnership assessment tool.
- Finalize the evaluation tool, summarize the scoring, and prepare a briefing for the Program Manager and the Field Managers.
- Keep and store all partnership assessments (hard copies) and their results (prints/digital documents) in a secure place in the Mafraq/Irbid office.
- With collaboration with Office Manager, he/she will develop and formalize the partnership agreement and MoUs with partners and I/NGOs and CBOs.
Information Management and reporting:
- Create, update, and manage a referral database, and contribute to the improvement of the referral system, including methods and tools used (referral form, database etc.).
- Support / conduct follow-up monitoring visits to ensure that needs have been met in an appropriate manner and beneficiary has the opportunity to provide feedback on the assistance received.
- Provide constant feedback to supervisor on progress, document lessons learnt, achievements and gaps, issues and problems.
- Contribute to monthly reporting to ICMC management in form of a tracking sheet detailing internal and external referrals, and narrative report.
- Conduct trainings for ICMC team members on identifying needs and processing referrals, as needed.
- Regularly update the ICMC staff and external agencies on changes regarding the services available in North Jordan.
- Represent ICMC at different coordination meetings.
- Assist with various administrative duties, as required by the supervisor.
- Strictly follow the ICMC internal procedures and guidelines.
- Attend trainings and meetings, as appropriate.
- Ensure transparency and ICMC’s positive regard and reputation within communities.
- This position requires travel between base/sub-offices/community centers.
- University degree in Social Work or related field
- Minimum two (2) years professional experience, preferably in the NGO sector
- Prior experience with coordination and referral pathways
- Experience in working with marginalized populations an asset
- Knowledge and skills regarding registration and reporting systems
- Team work, flexibility, relationship and partnership building skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and ability to work in a multicultural environment and under pressure
- Excellent computer skills including; Microsoft word, excel, outlook and database management experience in coordination and referrals
- Ability to communicate effectively with variety of people, and express oneself in a clear and concise way
- Excellent Arabic spoken and written language skills
- Ability to travel and work outside of the office
How to apply
Interested candidates should submit a detailed Curriculum Vitae with full and up to date contact details via email