|Published||October 23, 2022|
|Job Type||Full Time|
The Alliance is seeking a passionate, motivated and experienced individual to oversee and coordinate its Restore Africa Program. This role will be responsible for managing the Restore Africa Program Coordination Unit (PCU), recruiting staff with appropriate skills, working collaboratively with the Implementing Partners across East and Southern Africa, supporting learning and progressive improvement of national programs, overseeing monitoring and evaluation, and engaging with program stakeholders to ensure the Program is effectively implemented. The role will be responsible for program delivery, compliance and reporting to the Alliance’s Secretariat, the Program Steering Committee, and the donors/investors. As the leader of a close-knit team in Kenya, you will be providing programmatic and technical oversight to established programs in Africa while supporting the Alliance’s Melbourne-based Secretariat to develop new programs in the region.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
• Leading and managing the Restore Africa PCU, ensuring staff are motivated to perform optimally, while liaising with the GEA Secretariat for technical and program management guidance and support.
• Providing effective management, good stewardship of the PCU budget, and effective oversight of Program budgets, ensuring accurate monthly financial reporting and timely audits.
• Leading stakeholder engagement for the Restore Africa Program, building and maintaining robust networks and excellent relationships with governments, member organisations, national Lead Implementing Organisations (LIOs), NGOs, multilateral bodies, and research institutes, among others.
• Maintaining effective oversight of each of the national LIOs, monitoring their performance, and providing and facilitating between LIOs capacity development and mutual support to maximise the achievement of the Program’s overall objectives.
• Enhancing the Alliance’s value addition in the region by leveraging the strengths of the Alliance’s network, members and non-member partners.
Demonstrated experience and skills in achieving deliverables on time with the ability to oversee assignments through to completion
• Strong organisational skills with the ability to work on several projects simultaneously.
• Excellent and effective communications with familiarity with different communications technology platforms.
• Advanced knowledge regarding the drivers and impacts of climate change and carbon offsetting projects.
• Demonstrated experience working closely within multidisciplinary and multicultural teams at national, regional, and international levels, preferably in the Africa region.
• Experience in high-level networking and relationship strengthening with internal and external stakeholders.
Tertiary qualifications at master’s level (PhD an advantage), e.g. business administration, international and community development, natural resource management, sustainable agriculture or related studies
At least ten years of management experience, including direct supervision of professional and support staff and assembling teams.
Minimum five years’ experience in managing large-scale, complex program implementation in the not-for-profit sector; preferably Natural Resource Management or Sustainable Agriculture projects