|Published||June 12, 2022|
|Job Type||Full Time|
Key: innovation (Schedule is the following: 3 days a week in office + weekends for activities) or 4 days At office.
General purpose of the position:
Contributing to the design and implementation of weekend activities and workshops for unaccompanied minors and women seeking asylum in Belgian asylum-reception centres.
The SB Espoir AD works under the supervision of the Project Development Officer and Chairwoman and also works in close collaboration with the Communication Officer, Finance & Logistics Officer and Internship Coordinator. Overview: SB OverSeas is a small non-profit, non-governmental organisation based in Brussels, Belgium. Founded in 2013, SB OverSeas provides direct and urgent humanitarian aid to civilians in conflict zones in Syria and in refugee camps in neighbouring countries. We give hope and opportunity to women and children whose lives have been torn apart by conflict by providing education, emergency aid and by fostering empowerment for refugees in Lebanon, Turkey, and Belgium. The SB Espoir Activity development is responsible with the activity coordinator for facilitation of activities in the SB Espoir project supporting the well-being and inclusion of asylum-seeking youth and women. Within this role, the tasks include: managing the administrative tasks of the project, communication with centres regarding activity plans and needs assessments, as well outreach to find partners for the organization of collaborative activities, coordinating with our group of motivated volunteers, and writing fund and grant applications as well as project proposals for expanding SB Espoir. As part of the SB HQ team, in this role you will be asked to support other aspects of our work, including outreach for events, recruitment, research and communications.
For all tasks:
The job holder respects the confidentiality of all administrative, educational, financial and HR information.
The SB Espoir Activity Assistant is responsible for:
Primary Tasks: o Coordination of SB Espoir activities o Coordination with the centres, both FEDASIL and Red Cross o Search for partners for weekend activities o Attend and animate weekend activities o Contacts with the volunteers when necessary o Coordination between ClothesUp and SB Espoir for clothes donations o Support with communication materials (via Canva) like flyers, triptics, posters, banners, etc. o Increase the effectiveness and achieve the objectives of SB Espoir through: Consistent communication with the centres Meeting in the centres about the preferences about activities, activities that already happen in the centres with other associations, fixation of dates for activities Emails to reconfirm the dates of our activities Updating the information about the centres Finding new partners for collaboration Update the database of information regarding potential partners and new activities Raise awareness among volunteers about the importance of the interaction with the youth and women Ensure the communication between Clothes Up and the centres for clothes donation.
Responsibilities from SEP to DEC 23 The SB Espoir Project Development Officer will primarily manage the administrative tasks of the project, including but not limited to:
- Volunteer coordination and tracking & motivating their volunteers
- Support and verify that activity plans and evaluations are completed with all the required elements and submitted on time to CW
- Expense tracking and coordination with LGC
- Document tracking for volunteers, partners and internal monitoring, making sure that all the binders and files are properly managed
- Creation and updating of fund and grant tracking; writing fund and grant applications as well as project proposals for expanding SB Espoir
- Creation and updating of tracking document for SB Espoir statistics Additional tasks unrelated to SB Espoir will include in general assisting the team in any tasks, but also specifically
- Supporting SB staff with networking and outreach events
- Writing blogs to be published on our website and other platforms
- Participate in organisation-wide activities, events and trainings
- Support SB projects as necessary
- Provide detailed activity reports and observations related to the subjects planned for future reports
Interested candidates can send their CV