|Published||January 25, 2023|
|Job Type||Full Time|
The GSCC is looking for a Senior Digital Associate with strong understanding and experience of using insight in digital campaigning to join its Audience Insight team.
We are looking for someone with a passion for using digital platforms to understand and target audiences with effective communication - and who wants to put that to use in the fight against climate change.
These are vital moments in the struggle to save the planet and future generations from the worst impacts of climate change. It’s more important than ever that we campaign and communicate effectively: with messages that work, to audiences that have the power to win the change we need.
The successful candidate for this job will work at the very heart of those efforts. They will support a network of digital campaigners and communications professionals around the world.
In doing so, they will join a growing Audience Insight team that’s becoming a pivotal part of the way the organisation fights for change.
In the last year or so, the Audience Insight team has established a good foundation of digital insight work. As a senior position within the team, the purpose of this role is to build on that work and - where necessary and possible - take it to the next level.
● Leading the digital side of the Audience Insight practice, identifying areas for improvement and innovation in GSCC’s digital insight offer to country desks and partners, and leading on those areas.
● Developing new actionable insights for GSCC teams via digital platforms, for instance helping GSCC teams with message or creative testing.
● Helping GSCC teams build meaningful advertising profiles of target audiences on digital platforms, especially those that reflect findings from polling segmentations.
● Identifying relevant policy changes to digital platforms that will affect our work and managing them with stakeholders
● Working with the Audience Insight team lead to develop and deliver a sustained program of stakeholder communication that co-ordinates with key partners across the sector and promotes GSCC’s insight work
● Pro-actively building strong working relationships with key internal partners, namely: country teams (including digital leads), international digital teams.
● Where required, supporting onboarding and recruitment of external consultants
● Line management (likely but not yet confirmed)
● Contributing to other aspects of the Audience Insight team as and when required
Experience and competencies
Though GSCC works with agencies and vendors, we are looking for someone with practical experience of digital insight generation. This will be the most senior digital person within the team and as such will be asked to work in a relatively independent and entrepreneurial fashion, though support and budget will be available.
Key criteria against which applicants will be assessed are:
● A proven ability to identify - and act on - areas for innovation and improvement within the field of digital insight generation
● Strong experience of building digital audiences on platforms - and ideally some experience of planning digital media around them.
● Proven practical experience of in-platform message testing that measures the persuasive impact of large-scale digital campaigns or messaging (ideally using Randomised Control Trials, pre-to-post surveys, split testing surveys or other methods beyond basic engagement metrics)
● In general, a good understanding of how advertising works on key platforms such as Facebook, Google, StackAdapt, Twitter etc.
● Understanding of ‘social listening’ methodologies and platforms.
● Fluency in English
● Experience working with people across different cultures and time-zones.
● Some understanding of the basics of polling and survey writing is desirable but not essential.