|Published||April 6, 2022|
|Category||Computer & IT|
|Job Type||Full Time|
CARE International seeks a world of hope, tolerance and social justice, where poverty has been overcome and all people live with dignity and security. In Jordan, CARE will be recognized for its commitment to the humanitarian protection and empowerment of communities especially women and girls, where rights are secured, and human potential fulfilled for all.
CARE in Jordan leads humanitarian protection, economic empowerment, and civic engagement interventions for women and girls from poor and vulnerable communities in the fight to overcome poverty, gender based violence, and social injustice. We nurture accountability, leadership and political will internally and among our partners to achieve this mission.
CARE values equality, integrity, transformation, excellence, diversity, and respect for the dignity and worth of every human being, where we affirm the dignity, potential, and contribution of all; communities we work with, partners, donors, and staff.
CARE International established a presence in Jordan in 1948, created in the wake of the Palestinian refugee crisis. Over 70 years later, CARE has served the needs of the Palestinian, Iraqi, Somali, Sudanese, and now Syrian refugee communities.
CARE’s scope of work has evolved from emergency response to long-term development programming, now encompassing an Urban Refugee Protection Program, the Azraq Camp Program, and the Sustainable Development Program.
CARE International in Jordan is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or disability.
CARE is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will do everything possible to ensure that only those that are suitable to work within our values are recruited to work for us
CARE International in Jordan has a vacancy for the post of Senior Information Management Officer:
The purpose of the Senior Information Management Officer position is to contribute to the development and implementation of the CARE Jordan Information Management System – COMPAS, to accurately ensure documenting data related to the activities of the Protection and Community Engagement Program and the Sustainable Development Program on COMPAS and to maintain accurate appealing and information submission to program’s stakeholders. This position is critical in managing all information related to CARE international in Jordan and ensuring that all aspects of the programs are reflected and used based on CARE's Jordan Information Management Framework. The Senior Information Management Officer position will support the development of representative dashboards for financial and operational data. Also, this position will keep in the coordination of reporting to the UNHCR platforms (Activity Info and the Financial Tracking system). Moreover, this position will work on designing data collection and analysis tools for CARE’s Programs Information and Impact Reporting System (PIIRS) and coordinate CARE Jordan accounts within the relevant platforms.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
JOB RESPONSIBILITY 1
Support the implementation of the CARE Jordan Information Management System
Ensure that the Retorting Capabilities for (CARE Jordan Information Management System – COMPAS) are in place and are utilized.
• Deliver training on (CARE Jordan Information Management System – COMPAS) for all staff that requires it to ensure they understand and can use the system, as well as to conduct continuous regular training for all users.
• Support in administering user accounts for CARE Jordan Information Management System – COMPAS to ensure relevant staff has access.
• Apply Regular Quality checks and reviews for the data entered into the system to limit, locate, and fix data entry errors.
• Providing ongoing support, advice, and training to staff on the Information Management System.
• Undertake regular monitoring and maintenance of the system to enhance information management practices, locate problems (where data is not being inputted or incorrectly inputted), and provide solutions.
• Providing quality control and oversight of the collected data, identifying and entering to CARE Jordan Information Management System – COMPAS.
JOB RESPONSIBILITY 2
Maintain Accurate Appealing and Information Submission to the program’s stakeholders
• Monitoring progress towards outputs of projects by verifying, and analyzing the difference between identified targets and actual results for each of the projects’ using CARE Jordan Information Management System – COMPAS.
• Developing measurement and tracking tools to monitor the progress towards the achievement of projects’ output indicators at the country office level.
• Ensure accurate updates and health check internal reporting to the related stakeholders for all programs at the country office.
• Ensure monthly issuing of representative reports for the program achievements including periodic and cumulative figures.
• Checking and reviewing the reached figures part in the donor reports.
• Checking the reached figures for the Cash distribution components with the financial reports.
JOB RESPONSIBILITY 3
Coordinate the reporting to the Programs Information and Impact Reporting System (PIIRS)
Design data collection and analysis tools for CARE’s Programs Information and Impact Reporting System (PIIRS).
• Preparing, extracting and filling the REACH data for the CARE Jordan office.
• Support on the submission of the PIIRS IMPACT forms.
• Filling PIIRS data and administrating users' accounts on the DHIS2 platform.
• Continuous follow-up on the PIIRS reporting process and addressing comments and feedback received from the PIIRS team.
• Provide data analysis and representations for the PIIRS data.
JOB RESPONSIBILITY 4
Coordinate the reporting to UNHCR and other platforms
Ensure accurate preparation and submission of program appeals and updates in the coordination mechanisms such as JRP and 3RP.Coordinate with the internal stakeholders to collect the required information for the purpose of program internal and external reporting.
• Ensure accurate submission of the program’s achievements on the UNHCR and other stakeholders' websites and reporting mechanisms.
• Leading on and monitoring CARE’s appeals under Activity Info website for both the Refugees and Resilience database, as well as the financial tracking system. Monthly submission of CARE’s achieved figures under the Activity Info monitoring database.
• Submitting CARE Jordan received the budget on the UNHCR Financial Tracking System (FTS).
JOB RESPONSIBILITY 5
Develop the information management dashboard at the country office level
• Develop the information management dashboard to ensure graphical and easy to use information across the country office.
• Collaborate with the related staff in regards to the dashboard strategy.
• Provide proper visualization for the Finical, Reach and Pipeline data.
• Provide continuous support and enhancements in the dashboard tools and design.
• Provide Infographic designs and presentations.
JOB RESPONSIBILITY 6
Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor
• Take a lead role in facilitating timely, quality administrative support function delivery in the time of emergency response.
• Guides and supports management on staff security concerns.
• Ensure security operational guidelines are well established for the CO and field offices following CARE USA Security Guidelines, and all staff is aware (in coordination with the CD).
• Promote a safe and secure work environment; foster a safety and security culture, and ensure consistent application of, and compliance with, CARE Jordan safety and security policies and procedures.
Qualifications (Know How)
Bachelor's degree in social sciences, data science, management information system, business administration, computer science, statistics, or another related area. At 3 years of experience in information management particularly in NGOs.
Master's degree in related fields or further training in Monitoring and Evaluation, Information management tools, and data analysis.
Organization skills, with an ability to stay focused on assigned tasks.
Ability to work independently in a result-oriented multi-tasking and multi-cultural environment.
Experience with information management techniques and development.
Technical data management expertise including qualitative and quantitative data analysis.
Have proper knowledge of databases and data collection & analysis tools, such as SQL, access, and KoBo Tool box.
High integrity and confidentiality, and stress management.
Advanced skills in Microsoft tools and specifically in Excel.
Strong research, writing, analytical, interpersonal and communication skills.
Excellent critical thinking and analysis, planning, and problem-solving skills
Close attention to detail and the ability to work under the pressure of deadlines.
Interested candidates can send their CVs