|Published||April 6, 2022|
|Job Type||Full Time|
Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.
As a member of the Livelihoods and Integration project team, you will facilitate the achievement of project objectives through coordinating and reporting on all project activities, including overseeing pilot initiatives, advancing Catholic Relief Services’ (CRS) work serving the poor and vulnerable. You will work closely with local Caritas partners and support the work of the Adama Centre, an integration center that provides face-to-face and online services. Your coordination and relationship management skills will ensure that the project for which you are responsible applies best practices and constantly works towards improving the impact of its benefits to those we serve.
- Organize and lead the implementation of all project activities as outlined in the detailed implementation plan in line with CRS program quality principles and standards, donor requirements, and good practices.
- Working with local partners, facilitate connections of project beneficiaries to relevant job opportunities.
- Ensure learning properly accompanies project activities throughout the project cycle. Analyze implementation challenges and report any inconsistencies and/or gaps to inform adjustments to plans and implementation schedules.
- Support accountability through coordinating project evaluation activities and reflect on project experiences.
- Coordinate and oversee working relationships with all local project stakeholders and vendors and serve as the liaison between them and CRS.
- Support and coordinate capacity building and technical support activities to ensure assigned project activities are implemented per project guidelines and standards.
- Handle payment requests and coordinate provision of any logistical and administrative support, including proper documentation of partnership and beneficiary agreements.
Ensure project documentation for assigned activities is complete with all required documents and is filed per agency and donor requirements. Assist with preparation of trends analysis reports and documentation of lessons learned and promising practices.
Typical Background, Experience & Requirements:
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree required. Degree in International Relations or in the field of Social Sciences or Communications would be a plus. Additional experience may substitute for some education.
- Minimum of 4 years of work experience in project support, ideally in the field of humanitarian response or refugee integration and for an NGO.
- Experience working with partners, participatory action planning, capacity building and community engagement.
- Experience monitoring projects and collecting relevant data.
- Experience using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Analysis and problem-solving skills with ability to make sound judgment.
- Good relationship management skills and the ability to work closely with local partners.
- Mature disposition in appropriately managing sensitive situations; ability to manage emotions professionally at all times.
Proactive, results-oriented and service-oriented.
Attention to details, accuracy and timeliness in executing assigned responsibilities.
Required Languages: English and Greek
Travel Required Non expected
Key Working Relationships:
Internal: CRS Senior MEAL Officer, Head of Programming,
External: Caritas Hellas field staff of the Adama Centre, local UNHCR representatives.**
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff):
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfil his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
CRS' talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer; CRS is always looking for qualified, diverse and compelling candidates to join our agency and support our great work.
By applying to this job, I understand and acknowledge that CRS requires its staff to treat all people with dignity and respect and to actively prevent harassment, abuse, exploitation, and human trafficking. Further, I understand that if I am a successful candidate, I will be subject to a comprehensive background check, and my personal/professional references will be asked to evaluate my behaviors related to the above safeguarding-related topics.
Please note that applications will be continuously reviewed, and CRS reserves the right to close the vacancy before the deadline once a suitable candidate is identified.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
How to apply
Interested candidates are welcome to apply by sending their CV in English with email mentioning in the subject line the title of the position “Senior Project Officer: Livelihoods and Integration”.