|Published||April 26, 2022|
|Category||Media & Journalism|
|Job Type||Full Time|
Veterinarians without Borders/ Vétérinaires sans Frontières – Canada (VWB/VSF) is a charitable, humanitarian organization whose mission is to work for, and with, those in need to foster the health of animals, people, and the environments that sustain us.
We are a mission driven dedicated team with a full remote working environment that spans across Canada. We respect work life balance and offer a generous benefits package that includes 4 weeks of vacation and summer Fridays.
More information about the organization can be found at www.vetswithoutborders.ca.
Salary Range: $55,000- $65,000
The Social Media Coordinator will be VWB Canada’s in-house social media expert, working to create a positive and engaging experience for VWB Canada’s supporters and followers on all social channels. The position is responsible for driving thoughtful conversation among VWB Canada’s social audiences, managing the day-to-day posting of all content, responding to and/or escalating complaints. Through clear and timely communication, this position will grow and engage VWB Canada’s social media fans and followers to build loyalty and ensure a quality supporter experience. This person will also oversee the overall development and management of website content for the organization.
This remote-based position collaborates with, fundraising, programs and communication colleagues to ensure VWB Canada is meeting its audience engagement and growth goals and is responsible for presenting the needs of our digital audience and digital supporters to the rest of the organization.
This position requires a strong communicator, an engaged listener and a creative problem-solver. Someone who monitors social trends, builds online connections for VWB Canada, and is passionate about our mission.
- Alongside the Director of Communications & Development and Engagement Manager, implement and manage our social media strategy
- Maximize engagement on social platforms through DM, comments, and/or other strategies.
- Manage the social media calendar, liaising with partners and staff to develop content and managing the VWB Canada social media accounts
- Researches and advises on social media best practices
- Monitors and reports out on social media analytics for all platforms
- Responds to comments and messages on all social media platforms
- Innovates new, fresh approaches to ensure that VWB Canada is maximizing social media channels and reaching new audiences.
- Work with team to organize posts, capture photos and ensure a steady flow of content that captures VWB Canada’s work
- Keep website content up to date and aligned with programming
- Other duties as assigned to meet the everchanging landscape of social media
- Define most important social media KPIs
- Measure the success of every social media campaign
- Lead Online Community Engagement
- 1 years of experience in a social media role
- Excellent knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Instagram, TikTok, and other social media best practices
- Familiar with Meta advertising, audience creation and targeting
- Comfortable with Google analytics, Metricool a bonus
- Understanding of SEO and web traffic metrics
- Experience with doing audience and buyer persona research
- Good understanding of social media KPIs
- Familiarity with web design and publishing
- Excellent multitasking skills
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Team player
- Good time-management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
How to apply
Please send your CV and cover letter