|Published||June 12, 2022|
|Job Type||Full Time|
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation with the exclusively humanitarian mission to protect the lives and dignity of victims of war and internal violence and to provide them with assistance. It also endeavours to prevent suffering by promoting and strengthening International Humanitarian Law and universal humanitarian principles. Established in 1863, the ICRC is at the origin of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement.
The ICRC Regional Delegation in Budapest is announcing a vacant full-time position of “Supply Chain Officer” based in Budapest.
- Processes and fulfils clients’ orders according to the ICRC’s logistical and financial procedures and pre-established fulfilment guidelines.
- Ensures that the priorities set by the Supply Chain Coordinator(s) are followed.
- Do all the documentation relative of the warehouse.
- Ensure to send all the documents to the Impex Team on time in order to prepare the convoy for deliveries.
- Follow with ICRC Logistic team and ICRC Health team the deliveries until the Health facilities.
- Keeps service requesters regularly informed of the progress of their requests.
- Records and files documents pertaining to the ordering process; registers and forwards claims and comments from service requesters.
- Updates logistics dashboards and provides statistics.
- Contributes to supply chain support for an assigned geographic area or specific group of products.
- Work with an external partner.
- University degree or technical degree with equivalent experience in logistics, administration or equivalent.
- Good command of spoken and written English and Hungarian language.
- Computer literacy; good knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of enterprise resource planning software an asset.
- Typically, three to five years’ overall professional experience.
- Three years’ previous experience in administration or in a supply chain/logistics department.
- Good knowledge of supply chain processes.
How to apply
In case your skills and background correspond to the mentioned requirements, please send your CV in English, a motivation letter in English and copies of diplomas/certificates to the e-mail with the subject line indicating “Supply Chain Officer”.