|Published||April 24, 2022|
|Location||Chisinau, Moldova, Republic of|
|Job Type||Full Time|
In response to the large-scale displacement of refugees fleeing Ukraine, NRC is in the process of setting up humanitarian operations for refugees arriving in Poland, Romania, and Moldova. NRC will respond, focusing on an integrated approach that combines our sectoral areas of expertise – education, protection, urban displacement outside camps, legal aid (ICLA) and shelter – working to a great extent with local partners.
NRC in Moldova is in the final stages of obtaining registration as a legal entity (NGO) in Moldova. Once this is in place, NRC will be eligible to seek funding in-country, and to employ staff locally.
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organisation’s core values dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and believes shall guide our actions and relationships.
- Role and responsibilities
The purpose of the Support Coordinator is to coordinate the support functions at the Area Office and off load the Area Manager on support functions. The following is a brief description of the role.
Line management for support staff such as Finance, HR & Admin and Logistics/ICT
Member of the Area Management Group
Compliance with and adherence to NRC policies, guidance and handbooks and donor/auditor requirements
Provide input on operational support to Area Plan of Action, and to coordinate and align operational support with programme plans at area level
Responsible for ensuring quality support to project implementation
Support with preparations and monitoring of area Master Budget, and area level support budgets
Responsible for Implementation of new country specific technical SOPs, guidelines and tools in Area (HR, Logistic/ICT and Finance)
Responsible for technical capacity building of support staff (HR, Logistic/ICT and Finance)
Ensure all relevant physical and electronic support documents are filed according to policies (SSD)
- Lead the establishment of HR, admin, finance, logistics/ICT units at the Area Office, and manage the day-to-day support tasks
Provide input for improvements/updates to existing policies and procedures, and recommendations for new guidelines and SOPs
- Support HR in recruitment and training of support staff and ensure all new staff at the area office undergo induction
Provide support in the training and development of Area Office staff
Support HR to ensure staff has access to NRC People system and Kaya platform for mandatory trainings.
Provide operational support to project implementation, and oversee the supply chain to ensure project materials and goods are procured and supplied in a timely manner
- Ensure shared costs expenditures are in line with the area Master Budget
Support to program and finance teams to prepare for audits
Provide input to monthly Sit. Reps. from support units at the Area Office
Ensure that monthly reports from support departments are of required quality and submitted in a timely manner
- Ensure that all NRC premises in the area are equipped and secured according to NRCs policies and standards
- Promote a positive, safe and inclusive work environment for all Area Office staff, including through effective staff feedback mechanisms
- Organize weekly meetings with the Area Office support team
WE ARE LOOKING FOR A CANDIDATE WITH THE FOLLOWING COMPETENCIES:
These are skills, knowledge and experience that are important for effective performance.
Generic professional competencies:
- Experience from working as a Finance or Support Coordinator in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Fluency in both English both written and verbal
Context/ Specific skills, knowledge and experience: **
University degree in supply chain management, business administration, or related
Competency in the use of computer applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook), understanding and experience in using Agresso/Unit¤ is an advantage
- Knowledge of the context in Chisinau.
- Knowledge of the local languages is an advantage
- Experience with start-up of new operations
- Service minded, with strong organizational and planning skills
- Good diplomacy and negotiating skills
These are personal qualities that influence how successful people are in their job. NRC’s Competency Framework states 12 behavioural competencies, and the following are essential for this position:
- Managing resources to optimize results
- Managing performance and development
- Handling insecure environments
- Empowering and building trust
WE ENCOURAGE QUALIFIED FEMALE CANDIDATES TO PARTICULARLY APPLY
How to apply
Please send your updated CV and motivation letter
Duty Station: Chisinau
Type of Contract: 6 months renewable based on funding, performance, and the need for the position
Language: Fluency in English and is highly desired!