|Published||May 5, 2022|
|Job Type||Full Time|
The Technical Manager is responsible for leading and overseeing all activities falling under Objective 2 - Strengthening legal environment for civil society a five-year USAID-funded rule of law program in Kazakhstan. The Technical Manager oversees the work of the technical experts, legal program coordinator and works closely with the MEL Manager on data collection, evaluation, and learning throughout the program. Technical Manager also works with Communication Specialist to draft information for statements, press releases and welcome speeches and other communication materials. Technical Manager will report directly to the Chief of Party and Deputy Chief of Party.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Lead technical oversight, partner coordination, and implementation of activities under a designated program objective (Objective 2 – Strengthening Legal environment for civil society);
- Develop analysis, recommendations, and research regarding draft or enacted legislation);
- Work directly with technical experts to design baseline assessments, workshops, trainings, round tables, study tours, etc.;
- Prepare and organize meetings with partner organizations;
- Contribute to drafting annual work plans;
- Collect and analyze program monitoring data and evaluation, including gender;
- Development progress reports;
- In relation to MEL activities, together with MEL Manager and Technical Coordinators, to ensure that MEL Plan is integrated into general activity implementation. When applicable, Technical manager will conduct data collection, consultations and interviews;
- In relation to MEL activities, together with MEL Manager and Technical Coordinator, to ensure that MEL Plan is integrated into general activity implementation. When applicable, Technical Manager will conduct data collection, consultations and interviews;
- Replace Technical Managers responsible for other objectives under RLP during vacation and sick leaves;
- Oversee the work of the Legal Program Coordinator responsible for Objective 2;
- Development of the first drafts of statements, press releases and welcome speeches for all events;
- Participate in program-related meetings and events with beneficiaries as an official ABA ROLI representative;
- Support growth and program development;
- Help build positive relations within the team and external parties;
- Perform other relevant duties as required.
Skill and Educational Requirements
- At least 5-7 years of experience with international development programs related to the rule of law, working on civil society legal issues in Kazakhstan;
- At least 3-5 years of experience working with USAID or U.S. Government funded programs; understanding of the USAID or U.S. Government compliance requirements;
- At least 2 years of supervisory experience;
- Experience with analyzing legislation, including draft legislative recommendations in relation to civil society;
- Direct experience working with the government agencies, civil society, lawyers and other partners;
- Knowledge of public policy and/or rule of law development principles and approaches;
- Law degree from an accredited Kazakhstan law school/university;
- Experience planning and coordinating training events, developing resource materials;
- Fluent in English and Russian; Kazakh is a plus.
How to apply
Please send CV's and additional documents by email.