|Published||April 6, 2022|
|Job Type||Full Time|
The Asian Preparedness Partnership (APP), established by the Asian Disaster Preparedness Center (ADPC), is a unique multi-stakeholder regional partnership that includes countries from South and Southeast Asia to better prepare for, respond to, and recover from disasters. Supported by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation (the Foundation) and the United States Agency for International Development Bureau for Humanitarian Assistance (USAID BHA), the partnership strives to improve stakeholder coordination and dialogue between governments, local humanitarian organization networks, and the private sector for enhancing capacities through partnerships, knowledge resources, training, and networking opportunities. The goal of APP is to improve the preparedness and emergency response to disasters by strengthening the interface between the government, local humanitarian organizations, and the private sector and enhancing capacities through partnerships, information exchange and knowledge resources, training, and networking opportunities.
ADPC will recruit a qualified professional consultant/firm for the translation of the following self-assessment tools and primer under APP: Core Humanitarian Standard Assessment Tools (CHSAT); Institutional Capacity Assessment Tool (ICAT); and Tool for Institutional Engagement (TIE); and APP Tools Primer.
The consultant/firm is expected to provide the translation of the APP tools and primer. The deliverables include the following:
- Core Humanitarian Standard Assessment Tool (CHSAT) - 7,500 words
- Institutional Capacity Assessment Tool (ICAT) - 2,500 words
- Self-Assessment Tool for Institutional Engagement (TIE) - 5,000 words
- APP Tools Primer - 2,000 wordsAPP Tools Web Version Landing Page Text - 4,000 words
Responsibilities and Tasks:
The consultant/firm will provide the translation of the APP Tools documents mentioned in the Expected Outputs section. They will also be expected to review the placement of the text in the APP Tools Web Version (https://app-tool.adpc.net/) once the web developer has applied the translations to the web platform. Following their review, they will be expected to provide input of any text placement that needs to be corrected and review the updated version to ensure that all text has been placed correctly from the translated versions to the web version.
The consultant/firm will work under the guidance and supervision of the Integrated Knowledge Management Specialist, Program Lead-Localization, and the Director, Preparedness for Response and Recovery (PRR) Department of ADPC.
Required Qualifications and Specifications:
- Diploma and/or Bachelor’s Degree in Spanish. Master’s degree in related field would be an added advantage;
- Proven experience in Translation in Disaster Management or related development field/s is required.
- Excellent command of Spanish and English.
- Self-motivated, proactive, and takes initiatives;
- Demonstrated ability to plan and organize work & time independently;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, team-oriented work style, and experience in working in a multicultural environment;
- Strong networking capacity and understanding of humanitarian and development nexus at local and regional levels;
- Strong desire to learn, undertake new challenges, be a creative problem-solver and have self-confidence, willingness to work hard, good sense of humor, and seriousness about the quality and excellence of work.
- Operate within all ADPC Guidelines & Procedures/Policies;
- Operate within specific program needs.
This is an online and home-based assignment.
The assignment should be completed within two months (25 April 2022 – 24 June 2022).
How to apply
Please refer to the above terms of reference and submit the following:
- Updated CV/resume of consultant/firm
- Accomplished ADPC application form (downloadable from www.adpc.net)
- Hyperlinks to examples of prior work completed of similar scope and features
- A proposed budget for this service
Interested Candidates can submit the above require document to firstname.lastname@example.org