|Published||April 3, 2022|
|Job Type||Full Time|
What do we do?
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) works worldwide to provide humanitarian assistance to people affected by conflict and armed violence. We take action in response to emergencies and at the same time promote respect for international humanitarian law. We are an independent and neutral organization, and our mandate stems essentially from the Geneva Conventions of 1949. We work closely with National Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies and with their International Federation of the Red Cross (IFRC) in order to ensure a concerted, rational and rapid humanitarian response to the needs of the victims of armed conflict or any other situation of internal violence. We direct and coordinate the international activities conducted in these situations.
The ICRC structure in Debrecen is a Logistic Support Hub for the ICRC Delegation and humanitarian operations in Ukraine (UA).
The Transport Officer assists the Logistic team in organizing the logistical transport of goods so that the ICRC can carry out its assistance activities.
- Commissions and follows up on air, sea, and road transport services.
- Organizes, groups together and distributes cargo shipments by destination according to the ICRC’s standards.
- Checks the credentials of contracted companies under the supervision of Logistic Manager
- Ensures that all transport requests from headquarters and the field are responded to quickly and efficiently.
- Draws up and updates files (shipping notes, tax information, air waybills, etc.).
- Works with other members of the unit to update shipments files.
- Briefs logistics staff leaving for field assignments about shipping rules and regulations, under the supervision of Logistic Manager Desired profile and skills
- Technical degree in freight forwarding.
- Knowledge of freight rates.
- Knowledge of key account procedures.
- More than three years’ experience in international transport and freight forwarding.
- Confirmed experience in transport operations and customs documentation and procedures.
- Responsible and well-organized
- Excellent command (spoken and written) of Hungarian.
- Good command of English is an asset
- Commitment to the ICRC’s humanitarian mandate
- Strongly motivated by humanitarian work
What we offer
- Rewarding work in a humanitarian and multicultural environment
- The ICRC values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive working environment.
We welcome applications from all qualified candidates.
- Location: Debrecen
- Type of contract: Resident contract in accordance with Hungarian labor law.
- Length of assignment: 6 months extendable
- Starting date: ASAP.
- Salary within the B2 range ICRC Grid. Will be discussed at the further stage of the recruitment process.
How to apply
Please send us your CV and Cover Letter in one pdf document at this mail address
Please indicate as subject of the mail: TRANSP_OFFICER_NAME-SURNAME*_*ICRC