|Published||March 29, 2022|
|Job Type||Full Time|
Islamic Relief Worldwide is an independent humanitarian and development organisation, serving humanity for over 38 years. With an active presence in over 40 countries across the globe, we strive to make the world a better and fairer place for those affected by poverty, conflicts and natural disasters.
Our International Programme Division is currently recruiting for the position of WASH & Infrastructure Coordinator for the Afghanistan office. The WASH & Infrastructure Coordinator will have a key role in conducting assessments for WASH infrastructure needs in the emergency areas, prepare detailed implementation plan in consultation with field team for WASH and infrastructure related projects. S/he will assist in preparation of WASH strategy linking with relief, rehabilitation, and development in the affected areas in line with organization’s long-term strategy, assist in preparing frameworks, proposals for long term WASH projects and provide technical support in procurement of WASH related items.
- Provide technical support in procurement of WASH related items
- Ensure IR WASH activities are being completed on time with quality standards
- Provide guidance to WASH staff in day-to-day project implementation
- Arrange presentations on WASH activities for donors/visitors
- Ensure that the project meets the international quality standards and codes of conducts (HAP, Sphere, CHS etc)
- Work closely with the finance department to ensure effective financial and budgetary control of the project
- Monitor and analyze the humanitarian and developments efforts carried out by different stakeholders and provide analysis of trends, risks and developments.
The successful candidate must have:
- Graduated in civil engineering/Environmental sciences or related field.
- Proven practical experience in WASH assessments and surveys.
- Experience of designing & implementing WASH project proposals and concepts
- WASH projects management experience including monitoring and evaluation
PLEASE NOTE: Due to urgency, interviews are expected to take place on rolling basis and position until suitable candidate is identified, hence the position may be closed before the deadline.
How to apply
If you are talented, reliable, service-minded, resilient and a highly motivated professional looking for a meaningful career, please submit your application, including an updated CV via email