|Published||April 19, 2022|
|Job Type||Full Time|
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Inspect and patrol premises regularly and report any suspicious things inside and outside WHO compounds
- Monitor WHO office entrances and do proper check-ups.
- Authorize entrance of people and vehicles inside WHO compounds.
- Report any suspicious behaviours, happening inside and outside WHO compounds.
- Secure all exits, doors and windows and ensure they are with security standards.
- Maintain a visitor’s book with details of the names, purpose of visit, and entry and exit times of each and every individual who enters the building
- Check the ID of visitors and log them into the visitor’s book; Examine the contents of any bags, boxes or other items carried by visitors through detectors
- Ensure that visitors are met by the person whom they are visiting, when visitors depart ensure that their departure is logged in the visitor’s book.
- Prevent the entry of unauthorized people and prohibited articles into WHO compounds.
- Conduct routine checks inside the buildings during on duty and report anything you find inappropriate.
- Check each and every office and make sure that all the doors and windows are locked, and all the lights/electric equipment are switched off, fire extinguishers, and alarm systems.
- Report all the suspicious acts happening in the premises to the security focal point
- Open the main gate for entry and exit of WHO vehicles and inspect properly with using detectors before entrance
- To answer the emergency alarms with immediate effect, and to inform the supervisor and fire department right away in case of fire.
SKILSS and behavior
- Diplomacy, tact and negotiation skills
Essential: Secondary School
Professional experience and knowledge
Essential: 2 years of experience in security
Desirable: Experience in INGO/UN System
Essential: Intermediate level of English language and fluency in local language
Number of Openings: 5
How to apply
Applicants are required to submit their applications and cover letters as per below :
2- Subject: Application to Watchman Post- Hargeisa- April 2022