|Published||August 31, 2022|
|Location||San Jose, United States of America|
|Job Type||Full Time|
Job Summary: The Youth Connections Coach will oversee the implementation of the YouthWorks program, including meeting outcomes, providing outreach, developing and scheduling program activities, coordinating professional mentors, and providing case management for program participants.
Do you have a background working with youth or multi-cultural populations? Are you passionate about make a positive impact and seeing an improvement in the lives of the people we serve? Then join us.
- Support the integration of refugee youth, provide youth the opportunity to identify and prioritize goals that will support their integration while also developing positive and meaningful relationships with insightful and culturally responsive mentors.
- Provide allowable mentoring services and case management activities for eligible refugee youth.
- Perform initial assessments of the needs and goals of the youth and develop a plan to meet those needs through educational, vocational, and social activities.
- Provide case management that includes documenting services provided and the progress of each youth toward meeting the youth’s service plan.
- Work with the Volunteer and Donations Coordinator to recruit and train mentors to support refugee youth.
- Verify that each youth participating in the BRIDGE program meet eligibility requirements and maintain eligibility documentation certifying each youth's eligibility.
- Collaborate with school districts, community colleges, America’s Job Center of California (AJCC), county welfare departments (CWD), and other service providers to refer eligible students in order to address service gaps.
- Other tasks and duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Education, or equivalent work experience.
- 3+ years’ experience working with English language learners, particularly those with interrupted formal education.
- Experience working with youth and/or refugee populations.
- Strong interpersonal, and communication (verbal and written) skills.
- Cross-cultural or overseas experience.
- Proficiency with Microsoft computer applications and internet research.
- Ability to take initiative and problem-solve effectively in high stress situations.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- English language fluency required. Fluency in other languages such as Spanish, Tigrinya, Amharic, or Farsi is a plus.
- Standard office work environment coupled with regular travel in and around the service delivery area.
- Reoccurring need to provide services outside of traditional work hours (evenings and weekends).
Interested candidates can send their CVs