|Published||August 17, 2022|
|Location||The Hague, Netherlands|
|Job Type||Full Time|
The United Network of Young Peacebuilders is looking for an Administration
Coordinator with responsibility for supporting financial management and
coordinating office management tasks within UNOY, starting in mid-October
- This is a position of 0.8 FTE, based in The Hague.
UNOY Peacebuilders is a youth-led network of more than 130 youth organisations from
70 countries around the world, working towards peaceful societies shaped by young
people. Our International Secretariat is located in The Hague, the city of peace and
justice. The secretariat is run by a young and dedicated international team of eight staff,
four to six interns, and six remotely based regional coordinators. The leadership of the
network is shared between two Co-Directors.
Six years after the adoption of the first UN Security Council Resolution (2250)
recognising the importance and role of youth in peacebuilding, UNOY has paved the
way for critical developments in the Youth, Peace, and Security field. In 2021 we entered
into a new strategic period, with a focus on five change objectives. Our goal is to
continue shaping the global agenda for Youth, Peace and Security, by supporting
youth-led creative approaches to peace, prioritising the protection of the civic space of
young peacebuilders and resourcing young peacebuilders with knowledge, skills,
attitudes and funds.
We are now looking for an Administration Coordinator who will be responsible for
supporting the administration of UNOY Peacebuilders’ financial resources and
processes as well as coordinating office management tasks within the organisation. As
the Administration Coordinator you will work closely with UNOY’s Finance Coordinator
and you will be supervised by the Co-Director (Strategy).
We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds, genders, sexual orientations,
nationalities, religions and beliefs. To foster meaningful participation of young people and
youth leadership, we encourage candidates under the age of 27 to apply. In line with our
commitment to inclusivity and diversity, we also encourage applications from transgender
and non-binary people, people of color, and people with a disability, as they remain
underrepresented in the field.
Important notice: We can only consider applicants that are allowed to work in the
Netherlands for at least the next 2 years. We are not able to support work permit
You will be responsible for:
- Ensure all financial transactions are recorded in a bookkeeping system;
- Ensure that all data from timesheets is recorded and made available for the
- Contracts, payments, and procurement
- Support payment of invoices and bills, in cooperation with the Finance
- Oversee the drafting, archiving, and upholding of contracts with suppliers;
- Ensure upholding of Procurement Rules and support staff in procurement of
goods and services for UNOY’s projects.
- Office management
- Coordinate office management and administration matters;
- Liaise with building manager and attend tenants meetings;
- Procure general office supplies as needed;
- Coordinate Information Security tasks.
- Financial planning and process development
- Assist in the development of project budgets, including for funding applications;
assist in monitoring budgets;
- Assist in the development of annual budgets at the organisational level;
- Support the development of financial processes and policies for the
management of the organisation, in cooperation with the Finance Coordinator
and Co-Director (strategy), and ensure these are consistently followed by staff.
You’re great for the job if you have:
- A relevant university or higher vocational education degree (Dutch HBO or WO
equivalent), with a preference for a background in financial studies, economics
or business administration;
- Experience working for an international non governmental/ non profit
- Demonstrated experience of at least 1 year in data collection and analysis,
including financial data;
- Bookkeeping software skills and spreadsheet skills (Excel or other spreadsheet
- Proficiency in English, fluency in Dutch;
- An inclusive approach to collaboration and a proactive attitude to your job.
You’re perfect if you also have:
- Knowledge and experience of NGO sector and financing;
- Knowledge and experience in working with and setting up databases;
- Experience in Twinfield bookkeeping software;
- Experience in organisational development and/or (office) management
We will offer you:
- A unique position in a global network of young peacebuilders with a solid track
record of successfully mobilising youth;
- A dynamic, young and international work environment both in the office and
within the wider network;
- A paid contract for a position of 0.8 FTE (32h per week), for an initial 1 year
contract with a 1 month probation period;
- A monthly gross salary of €1.900 (0.8 FTE), with potential for annual growth
within UNOY’s salary scale;
How to apply:
Send your resume (max 2 A4 pages) and application form by email. Only applicants that comply with this procedure will be considered.